The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Easter Run & Hunt

I raced in an Upgrade2Success run on March 16th.  It was awesome because it was a smaller race, benefited our fundamental schools, was at a beautiful park, had great food, the Easter Bunny was there, an egg hunt happened, crafts were made, and I placed 26th overall while pushing a stroller.   My 5 K time was 24:02 (8 minute miles) which isn't bad for pushing a stroller the whole time.  I felt great during the ran and was really happy about my strong finish.  I really do love to run.  Each race I run makes me want to run more.  
The funny thing about the race was that I accidentally wore Savannah's time chip instead of mine.  Therefore Savannah, at age 2, came in 6th for girls and got 1st in her age group.  She was really cute wearing her finisher & 1st place medal. 

 My good friend, Tiffany, ran with her boys as well.  She is an awesome friend, because she is always up for any adventure.  She doesn't care if 25 people come swim in her pool.  She is always thinking of crazy, active things to do with her 3 boys. And she is the best Nursery Leader ever. 
 The twins LOVED this Easter Bunny.  And I think this Easter Bunny Loved the twins.  I cant count how many hugs were given, but I know it was a hard good-bye. 
 After the race we did another Egg-Hunt at Largo Mall.  There were so many eggs and they split them into agg groups, so the kids got a ton of eggs.  They were so cute to watch. Savannah only picked up orange, pink, or yellow eggs.  Micah had mostly blue eggs with some randoms ones in the middle.  These next 3 weeks before Easter are going to be so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment