The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Saturday, May 11, 2013

First Dr. Appointment

Today is May 10, 2013 and my birthday.  It was a very special birthday because I had my first Dr. appointment and had an ultrasound.  It was so comforting to see my baby.  I was overjoyed to hear my baby's heart-beat and see that it is growing.  It was the best birthday gift ever.  
 On a side not, the ultrasound also showed that I have a subchorionic hematoma.  That is a really big world for saying that I have a blood clot between the pregnancy membranes and the wall of the uterus.  It should go away completely by 20 weeks if I take it easy.  So the doctor put me on "pelvic rest".  She gave me instructions to not lift anything over 20 pounds, I can't work-out, can't have intercourse, and can't strain myself in any way.  So in other words, I get to "relax and be lazy" for 2 more weeks.  If it doesn't get smaller in 2 weeks then I will continue on pelvic rest till 20 weeks.  Everyone pray for our little baby.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! What a cute little one in there! Lots of prayers heading your way! Wish I was closer to help you out more...hopefully you have good friends to help! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete