The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Monday, May 5, 2014

Leif's birthday week April 21-28

We had a GREAT Birthday week with Leif.  He was able to take the whole week off, and we had one big adventure every day. The kids and I truly enjoyed having Daddy home everyday.  It was a wonderful week.
 
Monday; we did little chores in the morning and then had a BBQ with friends in the afternoon.   The kids and Dad's had a lot of fun playing soccer together.


Tuesday: We went to Boca Ciega Millennium Park.  We played, had a picnic, walked the boardwalks and then went bird watching.

Wednesday: We took a tour of the Tampa Bay.  We got to ride on a boat for 90 minutes and hear all about the imports, exports and uses of the Bay.  We then went home to go swimming.




Thursday:  We got to celebrate Leif's Birthday.  I think it was more fun for the kids then Leif.  In the morning we went canoeing down the Hillbrough River.  Our neighbors had told us about it and said we would see alligators and we did.  I think we saw around 3 dozen gaters.  Leif was having a blast paddling up to the sunbathing gaters, looking them in the eyes, and watching them move about.  I on the other hand was a little more timid, and wanted to paddle on.  It was truly an adventure. 
After our canoe trip we went swimming again and then got to watch Daddy open his presents.   The twins were so excited about their gifts.  
Savannah got Leif; tennis balls and a black rat (to match hers).
Micah got Leif cheez-it's and a Frisbee
And they were SO excited because they picked them out all on their own.



a gater swimming right in front of us





   Friday: We got to go on a nice family bike ride (but without Eli).  We rode over to Eagle Lake Park.  Got to feed turtle and birds.  Played with Leif's new Frisbee and then rode home for another swim.  It is starting to get warm again, and the pool is a must every day. That night we went to Indian Rocks to watch the sun set.  The kids played while I was trying to get a nice picture for my Dad to paint.  I might have to try again.   
 


 







 Saturday:  I got to run the Turtle Trot 5 K.  I had only signed up 2 weeks before so I didn't get to train very much.  BUT I came in 4th overall for girls and got 2nd in my age group.  My time was 22 min 50 sec.  My first mile was 6:35 which in the end slowed me down.  It was a awesome-fun trail.  But the best part was seeing my family cheer me on.  We all got turtle necklaces for racing and then added beads to them at home.  
Saturday was also the first day Eli got to eat solids.  He was so cute trying to figure it out.  His little tongue kept coming in and out.  His eyes were wide as ever with the new taste.  He was super cute. Oh and the newest thing Eli likes to do is Suck His Thumb!!  Uhh, I hate it but love it at the same time.





 

Then Leif went back to work.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so sentimental reading this post! What a fun birthday week! We miss you guys SO much!!

    ReplyDelete