The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Saturday, June 18, 2016

We are having a BOY!!

 
June 13th, 2016 was a special day for us.  The kids and I did Yoga in the park, ate lunch at the school, then went and bought 2 balloons.  Savannah picked out an, it's a girl balloon.  Micah chose it's a boy.   As we were getting our groceries in the car, Savannah started crying as her newly bought balloon ran away into the air.  So, we went back into the store and bought another pick girl balloon.  After being inside for a few hours we noticed that Savannah's balloon was losing air, and a lot of it.  So, before the ultrasound we headed to the store one more time, so they could fill up the balloon.  Deep inside I was thinking that this was all a sign.  But finally, we had 2 filled gender balloons, and were on our way to the ultrasound.
The ultrasound tec was very excited when she saw our whole family enter her little office.  She took both balloons and was instructed, after finding the gender, to give the correct colored balloon to the kids.   
First we saw our little babies heart-beat and profile.  Then we looked at the brain and stomach.  And finally she went down to the it's bottom.   She walked over to the balloons, as everyone intently watched and picked out the, "It's a boy" balloon.   
We were all really shocked at first since we wanted a girl.  Savannah looked very confused.  She looked as if she was going to cry. This sweet little girl looked at me, looked at the tec and said, "Are you sure?"
It took a while for her to realize that she was getting, another brother.  On the other hand, Micah was excited, Eli was clueless and Leif and I were pleased with another healthy baby. 
3 boys!!  Our house is going to be full of cars, balls, and blue.  But we are so excited for this adventure. 
Later on in the day and Leif said, "We are going to have a string of Kanooth athletes."  I would have to agree.      
And a I was putting sweet Savannah to bed she hugged me and said, "Mama did you want a girl?"  I replied that I did, but was happy for a boy too. 
She then looked at me and said, "I like my brothers."
 
I think she summed it up right.  We are going to love this little boy.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment