The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Thursday, June 27, 2013

INTO OUR LAST YEAR

Leif has officially started his last and final year of Residency!!!!!!! It is so exciting to see that all the hard work and sacrifice will finally come to an end (well, in 12 months).  My father is a Doctor and because of that I have always understood a doctors hectic schedule.  BUT I never truly understood ALL the hard work, effort, sacrifice, and time that a Medical Student and/or Resident puts into his field.  Leif has sacrificed a lot to be where he is today and we are so proud of him.  Currently, we are in the process of applying for a "real job".  It is all so exciting to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I normally don't complain on this blog.   I like this blog to be more of a picture-book full of memories, but I am so ready to move close to family and have my husband home more.   I miss hanging out with my sisters.   I miss never seeing my nieces and nephews.  My sisters are always hanging out together and becoming closer.  It is hard to hear of their adventures and not wish you were there.   It is hard to see pictures of these cute little nieces growing up and know that I have yet to meet them.  I hate the Leif never has time off to go on dates with the twins & I.  I so wish the kids could see their Daddy more.  But I know this is only for short while and they probably won't even remember Residency.  So as our last year approaches I look forward to the future and knowing that our life will be normal again (if lives are ever normal). 

Ok.... I'm done complaining.  I love my earthly family and I love life.  I am now going to turn off the computer, go and cuddle with Micah & Savannah while they finish watching Clifford the Big Red Dog.  We will then make banana bread together and go share some with a neighbor.  Service really does bring happiness. Oh, and I am 17 weeks pregnant today!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Last year! That is crazy...remember when you started in KC so many year ago?!?!? You guys can do it!

    ReplyDelete