The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Friday, October 2, 2015

September 2015

September was a month of routine.  I have never been a routine mom, but now I have kids in school.  I'm now the mom that leaves at 8:30 a.m and then sits in the car line after school at 3:00.  It has been a real change for me, but one I am excited for. The twins are in the same classroom, and their teacher is Mrs. Pettiejohn.  I feel totally comfortable with her teaching my kids.
During the 2nd week of school, we pulled the twins out of school.  Yes, I'm that mom.  And then we headed over to Washougal for a trip at Grandma and Papa Kanooth's. We hadn't been to Washougal since last Christmas so a trip was most defiantly needed.  We got there late Tuesday night.  Wednesday we went downtown Washougal and Camas to walk around and see the changing cities.  Thursday we spent most the morning on a tour at the Pendleton Mill. It was really interest to see how wool is processed.  Then the kids were given a Wooly Worm, which they now love.  That afternoon we headed up to Portland. Aunt Sherrie watched our kids while Leif and I went to the temple.  Sherrie then had dinner ready for us afterwards.  It was a nice afternoon.  Friday we were on a hike around Round Lake.  It was an awesome hike.  Eli almost walked the whole way.  Then all the cousins came over for dinner.  Leif and Mat went to the Washougal High School Football Game!!  And on Saturday morning we headed back home.  We did make one stop at Whitman Mission.  After our visit there Savannah turned to me and said, "Our missionaries should never teach Indians again."


























It was color week at school and each day the twins had to wear a certain color.  They ate strawberries on red day, blueberries on blue day, bananas on yellow day, and mixed yellow & blue frosting on green day.  It was a fun week for them.




Grandma & Papa Maughan came into town from Sept. 18-20.  It was the weekend of the "Lewiston Roundup".  Grandma didn't disappoint as she brought cow-boy hats and vests for all the kids.  She even got Savannah a little cowboy purse.  We looked like true born cowboys!!  The rodeo was a lot of fun. They opened with a prayer and prayed for all the riders safety.  I thought that was really neat.

Then on Saturday we went to the Rodeo Parade. Again, we saw lots of horses and got lots of candy.  Before the parade we made flutes at the art museum and after the parade we made rain catchers at the library.  Now all these creations have become swards.
 
But our day didn't end there!!!  Dallin H. Oaks came to Lewiston of our Stake Conference.  So my parents and I went to the adult session and had the opportunity to shake his hand.  Then on Sunday Micah shook his hand.  Savannah was going to shake Dallin's hand but she wouldn't let go of her car toys.  So, Dallin smiled at her and moved on.  It was a great conference and my love for the living apostles grew.   It was also fun to hear all of my friends personal experiences with Elder Oaks.











And in other news.  We got to go the Lewiston Fair and be a "preschool".  I sure love my friends that I have made here.  I am so blessed to live around such wonderful-good-people.  The kids are growing up, and getting big.  I sure to love being their mother.  I'm so blessed to stay home with them each day.



 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment