The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

School pictures

I can't believe how big my baby twins are getting.  It feels like just yesterday I was being 4 pound babies home for the hospital.  Now I have little kindergarteners who are not only big, but so sweet and smart.  These two little people light up my life.  They make me so happy each and every day. Here are a few examples of why I love them so much.
 
Micah has turned into a real boy.  He still loves his Mommy, but wants to be tough about certain things.  We were riding our scooters to school and Micah started going super fast.  I watched and he went over a curb, having his wheel hit some rocks and then saw his body fly into the air.  He landed hard.  I was ready to run over and cuddle by boy.  But as soon as he fell, he was up again and yelled, "That was AMAZING!"  We all laughed.
 
Together our family was hiking at Hell's Gate.  I could tell that Micah was getting tired.  So I put out my hand and offered it to him.  Micah looked at my hand, looked down the trail and then said, "No thanks.. .I'm WAY O.K."
 
We had a big wind storm in our valley.  Our neighbor's blinds on their window blew all over the side of their yard.  Micah told me that he wanted to help pick up trash from the storm, and commented that our neighbor had trash in their yard.  He asked me if he could pick it up for them.  Of course I said, "yes".  And within minutes sweet Micah was out there with a bag picking up our neighbors broken blinds.  

Savannah has a pure heart.  She is always thinking of others and Jesus.  I was fasting and Savannah found me in my room praying.  She asked me why I was praying.  So I took the opportunity and explained to Savannah about fast offerings and how we give money to others who don't have food.  She though about this and then disappeared downstairs.  The next time I saw Savannah, she was holding 4 cans of beans!  She went on to tell me that she wanted to gives these beans to our poor neighbors so they could have food!  She was so set on giving these beans away, I couldn't stop her.  So I watched as Savannah marched over to Celia's home and handed her 4 cans of beans! 
 
Micah had a cough and it was bad enough that he wasn't going to go to school.  I told Savannah that she was going to have to go to school all by herself.  She cried, gave reasons why she should stay home, cried some more, then quietly went into her bedroom.  Minutes later she came out of her room and said, "Mom you can get Micah ready for school now.  I just said a prayer that Micah would be all better." 
Now I understand what childlike faith is.  This sweet little girl was 100% sure that her prayer would make her brother whole.  I had to explain that sometimes prayers take time.  By the end of the day, Micah was feeling a lot better.  I then got to show Savannah that her prayer, did help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment