The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Feburary

February didn't feel like a short month, even though it is.  Now that the kids are getting older, there is always something going on.  These kids keep me so busy, but I love every minute of it.  I'm so lucky to be their mom.  I love watching them play with each other.  I love reading with them at night.  I love hearing their stories about school.  I love watching them excel in anything they do.  And I love our cuddles, hugs, and loves.
I really love my family.  Its amazing being a mom and watching these little people grow into their personalities and characters.  Being a mom is also tuff. There is never enough time to teach these children everything they need to know.  I try.  And I try again.  And I'm learning that the best teaching I can do is through my example.  So I try to be serviceable and kind each day.  I try to live by gospel principles.  I try.  And in-between all the teaching and trying, we tend to have a lot of fun.

 Micah and Savannah are now in Tennis on Mondays and swim lessons on Tuesday and Thursdays.  Eli thinks these lessons are for him too.  He runs around the court with a racket and ball in hand. He pretends to listen to the instructors.  During swim lessons he wears goggles and sits in the shallow water.  He plays with his cars and watches the twins swim.  Eli is just growing up way too fast.

Here are some random happenings that took place in February, I got called to be the Primary Music Leader, Micah & Savannah had their first dentist appointment, the 100th day of school took place, Eli continues to not want to stop sucking his thumb, Micah got Student of the Month, we took the kids ice-skating for their first time, we took a trip to McCall ID with the Brooks, made more crafts, prepped for St. Patrick's Day and we get pregnant!!!  That's right, we will be adding another little one to our family.  Baby will come in October. 

I took a pregnancy test on Feb 18th.  When the 2 lines appeared, I was overcome with joy.  That night I wrapped up the test, wrote a note to Leif and laid it on his pillow.  He was excited but a little more surprised since it only took us ONE try.  A couple of days later the twins found the pregnancy test. Micah asked me what it was.  I told him it was a test.  Both twins examined the test then Savannah asked, "Mommy did you win?"
I laughed and told her I did win!!  Micah then wanted to know what I won.  And Savannah asked if anyone else won the test.  So, I told them the truth.  I said, "Mommy and Daddy took a test together, and we made a baby."   They were both so excited.  Micah has continued asking me when the baby is going to get here.  Eli will point and say baby.  And Savannah has just become more loving.  We are all so excited for this new change.











 

 

 




 



















1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Rachel! I love seeing the pics of your kiddos...they are growing up so fast! I'm glad you all get to spend time with family more often. I can tell how happy it makes you all!

    ReplyDelete