The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Monday, February 22, 2016

Princess Cruise Jan 22-29

Leif and I got to take a much needed vacation together.  Maggie and Jon Green invited us to go on a Princess Cruise with them.  I asked my parents if they could watch all 3 kids for one week.  And since they said yes... we said yes. 
Our cruise left out of L.A. so we flew up 2 days early and spent some time with Amy and her family.  This was my first visit to Amy's home.  She really does live in a beautiful area.  The weather was perfect, the streets were clean, the beach breeze was relaxing, and I sure loved the palm trees.  Amy was a wonderful host.  We got in Saturday, and went straight to the beach.  Then a night out with dinner, pool and a movie.  Bonnie was so cute and kept saying, "Everyone stay calm."
Sunday we went for a walk, went to church, and then to the beach again.  This time with a surf-board.  This was my first time surfing, and Amy really wanted me to get up.  Well with lots of help, I got up 3 times!  I was tired, cold and not feeling very athletic so I started to exit the water.  Some 8 year old boy was entering and said, "Man these waves are small today!"
Leif did a lot better then me he rode the waves a few dozen times.  Amy couldn't tell if he was having fun or not (since he never voices his excitement).  But since he stayed out on the waves for an hour, I knew he was having a blast.












Then on Monday morning, we headed for our ship.  The first thing we did was hit the Lido Deck for some lunch.  It's funny how on a cruise you just normally eat more.  After our lunch we explored the ship then had a second helping of lunch!  We found our friends and then spent the rest of our evenly enjoying dinner, shows, and games. 
On Tuesday our ship stopped at Catalina Island.  I have always wanted to go to this island, since Kjersti  honeymooned there.  My expectations were a little shot when I realized just how small and remote this island was.  Population was 1,300 and buffalo population was 60.  We rented bikes.  In 1 hours we saw most the island.  In 4 hours my legs hurt after going up and down so many hills.  Leif and I really did enjoy the city and saw same beautiful sights.  Right after we dropped off our bikes, we rented wet-suits and headed over to the rocky beach.  We were the ONLY ones snorkeling in the 50 degree water, but we did see some amazing fish.  Leif only lasted 10 minutes. I lasted 15 minutes.  We were shivering as we headed back to the boat for the hot tub.
Wednesday we hung out on the ship and enjoyed each other's company.  Leif had the whole day planned out and it mostly centered around food.  But we did work out in the middle!
Thursday we stopped at Ensenada, Mexico.  We rented a taxi and went zip-lining.  This was Maggie's first time zip-lining so it was fun to watch her.  There was a really long zip that was 400 meters.  And in-between each zip there were obstacles that you have to accomplish.  As always we enjoyed our Mexican tour guilds and had a lot of fun.
It was a very fun but short trip.  I realized that I'm not a fan of 4 day cruises but I am a fan of cruising with friends.  It was fun to talk with the Greens and tell each other our stories.  And It was fun being kid free for one week!!































No comments:

Post a Comment