The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Saturday, May 21, 2016

May

May is always a busy month with Mother's Day, my birthday, and the twins' birthday.   This year Mother's Day was super special for me.  Leif had to work, but left all my presents on the table before he left.  The kids were so excited to give me their presents, they had made me but cards at school with them blowing me kisses and a survey on the back.  I learned that Micah thinks I am 9 years old, and Savannah thinks I'm 74.  Eli understood that he didn't make me anything, so he pushed the twins aside, jumped on my lap and yelled, "My Mommy." Then in Nursery he made me a flower which he was so very proud of.  
After all the excitement of presents was over, I asked the kids what they wanted to do next.  Savannah got all excited and said, "Let's visit the old-person home and give them flowers for Mother's Day."
It was all her idea, and Micah jumped right on board.  So for the rest of the morning we made flowers and visited The Nursing Home down the road.  Seeing my kids want to serve was the best Mother's Day gift ever. They were so happy all morning. 
Then in Music Time at church, I had all the primary kids make flowers.  We went into the R.S room, sang "I Often Go Walking", and gave flowers to all the woman.  It was very tender.





My birthday was extra special this year.  It started off with Lindsey pushing Eli while we ran the bridges.  Then I went to Waffles and More with some friends.  I got an amazing birthday waffle and shared it with Eli.  But what really made my day special was my parents caming up to spend it with me.  At first they said they couldn't because they were getting new grass and it had to be watered 5 times a day.  I gave my mom a hard time about loving grass more then me, but I truly understood.  Then at the last minute Dad bought a timer for the sprinklers and they were headed down to our house.  They came up on my birthday, so as soon as the kids were out of school, the birthday presents begun.  Micah got me orange nail-polish. Savannah picked me out a porcelain bird.  Eli got me candy.  Leif made me a really sweet card.  Then I unwrapped my mom's present, which was the best present of all.  She gave me a box of grass with a heart that read, "I do love you more then grass."  
We then had a BBQ in the backyard, and headed off to Special Olympics.  I spoiled my participants and gave them all popsicles for my birthday.  It was fun seeing my mom interact with each of them.  Leif and the kids came too. 
The next day, we got to go to Micah & Savannah's school play. They both had a part.  Micah played an interment, and Savannah danced across the stage with a shoe.  She was incredibly cute.  We also went to the their school for lunch, feed the ducks at the park and had a very nice visit. I sure to do my parents. 













The twins' are 6 years old.  It's crazy to believe that they were both 3.5 pound when they were born.  They were so easy to please on their special day.  We did a little friend party for them the week before, and then had a family party on their real birthday.  Savannah wanted a back-scratcher.  Miach wanted a craft project, and they both wanted to go camping.  Daddy also opened both of them a back account!!  So, they got everything they wanted and announced that this was the best birthday ever!!



























No comments:

Post a Comment