The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was happy and sad.   It was sad because Leif had to work at the Hospital and didn't get to spend the Holiday with us.  It was happy because we found exercise, service, and friends to spend the day with. 

Exercise started at 8:30 in the morning when  the twins and I ran in the Turkey Trot 2012.  It was Monday when I decided that I wanted to run the 10 K, while pushing the stroller.   I thought I was just going to run for fun!!!  But that never happens in a race.   My first 2 miles were under 15 minutes!  I then realized that I was pushing a stroller and slowed down.  All the other racers were so nice to me, and most of them waved at the twins.  In the end, I passed the finish line with a time of 52 minutes flat!!!




After the race, the twins and I ran home so Mommy could shower.  We left an hour later and meet our friends at a near-by Assisted Living Center.  Lacy, Edin, Micah, Savannah, and I then passed out Hersey Kisses to the elderly.   The residence that were there on Thanksgiving were the ones who don't have family close by.  They were therefore very excited to have children around.  Micah and Savannah gave each person a candy along with a high-5 and a smile.  It was a wonderful experience for us all.
At the Assisted Home

After saying good-bye to the elderly, we all headed over to the Mays' house.  Over a year ago my parents went on a Fun-for-Less tour to India.  While on this Tour they meet a couple from Largo.  My parents really got alone with this couple and had me call them after their return.  So long story short.... Becki and Bob have become my children's adapted Grandparents.  We were blessed to spend Thanksgiving afternoon with them.   Bob has 3 ponies.  Savannah was in Heaven.  They got to go for a carriage ride with Bob.  Dinner was great.  It was a wonderful evening.     


No comments:

Post a Comment