The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Great Evening

It's Thursday night.  Leif is gone and working all night at the hospital.  It's almost 7:00p.m. and I know that I should start getting the kids ready for bed.  I'm tired.  Eli wants to nurse.  The house is a mess.  Dinner is sitting on the table.  Dishes are not done. 

Savannah is finishing eating cheese slices for dinner. 
 
Micah is eating "red soup" with crackers.

So I sit down on the couch to feed Eli. 

He drinks for 30 seconds then unlatches to smile at me.  Again he drinks for a few seconds then wants to smile and talk to me.  So I start talking back and enjoy my newborn.

I get lost in the moment with Eli then realize that my twins have cleared the table and put their dishes in the sink.

Micah is now playing with his cars.  They are in a circle on the kitchen floor.  Under the sink has now become a parking lot for his cars. All I hear is car noises coming out of his mouth. 

Savannah walks to the back door and says, "Mom it's dark outside...it's night time.... let's go to bed!"

I am overcome with love for my 3 children.

I smile and yell out, "I love you guys!"

It's quite.  Micah looks at me.  Eli smiles.  Savannah says, "Mommy, you love me!"

Yes, I love my kids.  I love these small and simple moments I get with them.


1 comment:

  1. Glad your stopping to smell the roses ;-)
    Still hoping we get to see you in April....getting excited and can't wait to send actual confirmation ;-)

    ReplyDelete