The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Thursday, October 3, 2013

30 weeks



Everyone always asks "How is your pregnancy going?"  Well, it is going.  I still get nervous that this baby will come early.  But as the weeks pass along my confidence increases.   Each week that passes is pure joy to me.  All I wish for is a healthy baby who I can take home WITH ME from the hospital.   Having NICU babies was very difficult.  Having a still-born was indescribable.  Having a normal pregnancy is what I desire.  And my doctor is hopeful that it will be.

Yet, this week we had a big scare.   It was Sunday and I was 29 weeks.  My left side started to cramp.  I had back pain.  My desire to eat was gone.  I felt tired and dizzy.  And this pain in my left side wasn't subsiding.  So I called my doctor and was told to go into the hospital just to make sure it wasn't Pre-Term Labor. 

Long story short.  it wasn't labor.... I was so relieved... My baby boy was still doing fine. 

 They sent me home and told me to rest.  I rested.  The pain(s) didn't go away.  The left side cramp got stronger and more intense.  By Tuesday I was back in the hospital for undesirable pain.   We thought it was a kidney stone.  But all the tests said nothing was wrong with me.  After 2 days in the hospital the pain was manageable without medication.  Again they sent me home and told me to rest.  So I did.  Leif was a great help.  He was super Dad all week.  My friends here were amazing.  They helped take care of the twins, brought me meals, and even came to do my laundry.  I don't know what I would have done without them.  We are all doing better now and feeling back to normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment