The Kanooth Adventures

The Kanooth Adventures

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Saying Good-Bye

My dear Chinese-Friends Sang Ming (or Lora) moved away.  I am so sad.  I meet Sang Ming about one year ago.  Her husband was from Washington, she from China, and therefore we had an instant connection.  Right after meeting Lora, I inviting her over for lunch and showed her all my Chinese pictures (she was very interested).  I loved using my Chinese on her and I loved helping her improve her English.  Our kids did story-time together and we became visiting-teaching companions.  Lora had a heart of gold.  Lora loved serving others and she loved cooking.  So a lot of our visiting-teaching appointments turned into lunches.  And she was a wonderful cook.  I now make fried-rice and stir-fry the correct "Chinese Way".  For Christmas last year, Lora and her family did the 12 days of Christmas on us.  We looked forward to our nightly gifts and felt so loved by them.  I will forever remember Sang Ming.  I feel sad that good friends have to come and go.      
 
A lunch date with Lora in her beautiful home.

Sang Ming and Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment